If you’re reading this article, you’ve probably typed “how to find a weed dealer near me,” in your browser, so we guess you’re not lucky enough to live in a state that recently legalized cannabis.
Some countries, like Portugal, have decriminalized almost all substances, so it’s virtually impossible to walk down the streets as a tourist without being asked if you want to try some quality greens. In California, for example, buying weed is easy as a walk to the beach — there’s no need to look for a dealer.
But for those of you torn between buying a swisher from a random guy and not buying cannabis at all, finding a weed dealer seems like the only option.
So, how to find a dealer near me? At WeBeHigh.com, we don’t want to encourage any illegal activities, so we won’t tell you how to find one. Instead, we’ll talk about how people scored their weed in 2019.
Read on and educate yourself about finding weed dealers in different places and how to take care of the necessary caution before approaching your guy.
Legal Status of Cannabis in the United States
Cannabis is still classified as Schedule I substance on the federal level. However, states have the right to implement their own regulations around the herb.
Currently, 11 states have legalized the recreational use of cannabis, including:
- Washington (and the District of Columbia)
26 out of the 50 states and the U.S. Virgin Islands have decriminalized cannabis possession. As for now, 47 of the 50 states allow for some form of medical cannabis. The only three states where weed is completely illegal are South Dakota, Nebraska, and Idaho.
Many states that have legalized cannabis have also made it possible for residents to grow their own plants. If you live in a state with medical marijuana laws, you may also consider applying for a medical cannabis card so that you can access your weed through a medical dispensary.
But if you don’t feel like growing your own stuff and don’t want to go through the bureaucracy involved in obtaining a medical cannabis card, continue reading to find out how to spot your street supplier.
Things You Need Before You Start Looking For a Weed Dealer Locally
The safest way to obtain weed from a dealer is to live in a state that has decriminalized marijuana possession. Once you’ve made your transactions, you won’t be charged with an offense as long as you have the legal amount of weed.
However, there are certain safety measures you should take if you want your purchases to remain low profile.
Make sure to do the following:
- Cover your tracks using tools like TOR browser or I2P
- Consider apps like Burner which give you a temporary phone number that you can get rid of once you’re done using it
- Stay away from mail-order deals especially if the product is crossing state lines. You’ll risk being charged with a federal offense.
- Simply type 420 in the search bar. It will return hundreds of results, but you’ll need to do a background check on your prospect. Never jump right into a deal at face value.
- Check Instagram accounts tagged #420 #notforsale #weedin[name of country / town]. Instagram has recently become a good place for local growers to communicate with people interested in their crops.
- Use communicators like Wickr me or Signal for encrypted communication. This is to ensure that no 3rd-party app can read your messages.
- Familiarize yourself with slang substitutes for weed, but make sure they don’t come from the weed slang itself. There are other items and activities you can relate to when talking about your, hm, groceries.
- Check different online communities and forums for cannabis aficionados. This way, you’ll be able to make yourself a network of contacts should one of your weed guys be out of reach. LeafedIn is a great source for people seeking a weed supplier. It’s a cannabis social network with an all-important list of scammers
Okay, that’s enough prep work. Let’s get down to the real business
How to Find a Weed Dealer Near Me
Whether you’re on vacay out of town, abroad, or you’re just alone in the city and all your contacts are out of reach, below we cover every possible scenario to help you make sure you always score your weed regardless of your location.
1. Finding a Weed Dealer in Your City
This may sound obvious, but if you’re in your own city, call up those friends of yours who you usually smoke with. In the spirit of people who enjoy cannabis, they will be happy to lend their hands. You know how it works, there are people who know people who know how to help you out.
Sometimes, when your weed-smoking friends are no help, then you can turn to your generally sketchiest friends. Everybody has that person in their circle of friends who’s always up to something and they always know where to look for when others do not. Chances are they’ll know where to find cannabis.
Once you get into a business relationship with your dealer, don’t be afraid to ask them if they know someone from their “branch”. It’s not like they’re going to be extremely happy about your question, but weed dealers tend to disappear into the ether for no reason. They do, however, have alternative contacts to redirect their clients should they be unable to do the favor.
2. Finding a Weed Dealer in a New Place
The only guaranteed way to find a dealer near you when you’re in a new place is to be social and spark some new connections. You can go to a pot event and meet people who know where to look for when it comes to high-quality weed. Consider the 420 Event List as a good starting point. However, if you don’t have time for socializing or you’re more of an introvert, then it’s best if you visit typical stoner destinations: the parks, beaches, the town’s nightlife scene. And in some parts of the world, people even ask the taxi drivers for weed dealers.
Alternatively, you can think of the closest person you could know in a foreign town. Whatever option you choose, just be open about cannabis — but in a discreet fashion — and it will have positive results.
3. Finding a Weed Dealer Abroad
Similar to finding a weed dealer in a new town, dosing so abroad is all about making connections. But since your time abroad is usually limited to a few weeks, it can be difficult to make strong bonds with people there. Given this, your best bet will be to visit typical stoner places or look for destinations crowded with tourists. In many countries, especially where weed has been decriminalized, incognito street dealers are like an element of the local folklore — just like guys painting caricatures.
This is true especially for countries like Mexico, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, and the Netherlands.
Do’s and Don’ts of Looking for a Weed Dealer Near Me
Now that you know where to look for a weed dealer depending on your location, here’s a list of things to follow if you want to stay trouble-free during your endeavor.
- Identify and avoid scammers. The weed community receives a large number of scammers who offer weed at suspiciously low prices on top of other substances. These can be seen all over social media platforms, from Facebook to Instagram to Twitter and Disqus. It’s important that you never buy marijuana online from someone you don’t know.
- Use websites like Reddit, Craigslist, and HuluandChill to find your weed dealer. These anonymous communities are perfect if you want to maintain privacy.
- Be nice to your dealer. Weed dealers are usually regular people who just happen to have an illicit source of income. Considering there are states where such guys run legal weed businesses, don’t treat them as if they were some kind of creepy lurkers from around the corner. Many people make good friends with dealers, so just act like you’re just hanging around as buddies.
- Buy in bulk. The best deal for you and your weed dealer is to meet as rarely as possible, so instead of buying 3 grams every few days, save some money for larger quantities and meet up once a month.
- Don’t blatantly advertise that you’re looking for weed. Instead, look for people. And when you get in touch with them, gently direct the conversation on the right track.
- Don’t take your weed for granted. Don’t be afraid to smell or touch the buds. You may also want to eye-check their weight. Some weed dealers aren’t the most honest people out there, so it’s better to err on the side of caution.
- Don’t use official web browsers. We’ve mentioned social media and other online sources to search for a weed dealer, but make sure that you do it from a dark web browser or, at least, use a decent VPN to protect your privacy.
- Don’t name things. Saying “hello, I’d like to buy some weed because my friend told me you’re dealing” isn’t the best way to spark a friendship with your dealer. Instead, use everyday language to help them understand what you mean without using weed terms.
- Don’t be fussy. If you want a wide product selection available at hand, you’ll need to move to a state with legal adult-use dispensaries. Don’t look down on your dealer when they have only one strain available at a time, or if the quality of their weed isn’t close to what you’ve tried in LA.
Looking for a Weed Dealer Online: Why It’s a Better Alternative to Finding One Locally
Finding a weed dealer locally can be difficult, especially in countries where weed isn’t a popular substance. There’s also a risk of stumbling upon an undercover cop who will bust you for even trying to purchase cannabis. In some places, punishments for weed can be as high as several years in prison — not to mention some Asian countries where weed can grant you a capital punishment.
The best and safest way to find a weed dealer is to look for one online. The Internet provides you with enough privacy protection to avoid triggering the attention of the authorities. There are special browsers, communicators, and even social apps that connect weed users with their delivery guys — you just need to know where to look for.
Speaking of which, THIS GUIDE contains everything you need to know about finding a weed dealer online. You can read it once your local search comes to no avail, or if you want to skip the old-school way and make your purchase happen faster.